Welcome! Thistle + Lilly is a newly created pattern brand, currently targeted to designing clothing patterns for babies and children for the Victorian era. While many initial patterns will be for the 1850s and 1860s, the long-term goal is to have patterns ranging from 1830-1900.

5/12/13

A Quiet, Gentle Day

Today is Mother's Day!  To all of the mothers out there - I hope this day brings you peace and blessings, a quiet moment, or a house full of little voices and little feet.  We are truly blessed with the experience of motherhood in all its forms.

Today I'm relaxing...but I seem to be unable to stop sewing.  :)  I can't help it.  It's what I love.  And with graphic design jobs having taken priority over sewing and patterning for the last several weeks, I am content and rather happy to spend my Mother's Day morning stitching scallops on the sleeves of Victoria's new chemise, and planning out a fall dress for her (which will hopefully become a pattern by the fall or winter, because I'm really loving the style).

Enjoy your day my friends!

Scalloped edging on a chemise for Victoria - also an upcoming pattern dated 1850-60s.

A pattern design in the making.  (Dated 1854.)

1 comment:

  1. That dress looks scrumptious, can't wait to see it! Happiest of Mother's Days to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!