Welcome! Thistle + Lilly is a newly created pattern brand, currently targeted to designing clothing patterns for babies and children for the Victorian era. While many initial patterns will be for the 1850s and 1860s, the long-term goal is to have patterns ranging from 1830-1900.

2/18/12

a wee update

Whew, have I been busy lately!  Mostly work stuff, but I've also been busy making Victorian duds for myself and Victoria, working on a logo for a friend's singles ministry, working on t-shirt art for another friend's new business as well as his logo...I could go on.

By some miracle, I do manage to snag a moment or two here or there to work on some sort of crochet.  I've found myself putting away the grannies for a while and working only on my ripple blanket, just because that ripply-ness can really ease away the stresses with all that repetition.  Grannies you have to stop and start.  Ripples you just keep on, waving to and fro.  Now I know why people like to do shawl ministries.  You can get some awesome praying done over a long row for a blanket.  I say that, but here recently, I finished another "batch" of baby grannies for a blanket that will hopefully end up on Victoria's bed before she's a teenager.  I'm loving the progress.  No pics yet, but I'll take some soon.

I have also made some slow but steady progress on the ripple, but it's a very large blanket, designed to cover a queen sized bed (or drape over a full-size bed), so it'll take me a while.  Here's how it looks so far:



Then I had the delicious opportunity to make some baby stuff for a friend who is delivering her first wee one in the next few weeks.  I will not deny that I flagrantly stole this design from Amy over at Nana Company.  Hers is way cooler than mine, but I had a baby package to go out and desperately wanted something hand-done to throw in there, so when I saw her little bib, I just....well, I copied.  :)  Imitation is the best form of flattery, eh?  At any rate, it was FUN to make, made me long for another wee babe of my own.  I hope baby Audrey enjoys it.

Pin It


Time to get back to stitching.  I hope you are all doing lovely.

Amy xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!